After a busy day out its time to unwind. A calming evening routine can help de-stress and prepare you for a good night’s sleep. A key element of an evening routine is to effectively prep you for the next day and the main part is setting yourself up for a great night’s sleep. Having a regular self-care routine will make you happier and feel in control. Soon it will become a habit with great rewards.
Steps to a good nightly routine.
Remember rushing in the morning is a no-no so get all you need ready for the next day – clothes, lunches, documents etc. Make a checklist and tick off. It’s quite gratifying ticking those boxes. You feel as if you are achieving something and its a great motivational tool.
Get rid of the day’s makeup.
Tidy up a bit, a messy bedroom does not encourage good vibes. Shut windows and close blinds and curtains. Avoid arguments or any type of conflict.
Pamper me time
This is my favourite! I get excited just thinking about it. My motto is “If you can’t go to the spa bring the spa home to you.”
There are so many home spa ideas here are a few.
– Have a bubble bath or a warm one with bath oils infused with natural essential oils.
– Use an oil burner or wax melts to fill your room with beautiful indulging scents. You can pre scent the bathroom before your soak.
– Have a hand or foot soak whilst watching the telly.
– Read a book.
– Have a glass of wine with you or a hot chocolate cuppa.
– Do some light exercise or stretches. Maybe a few yoga poses.
– When you go to bed make sure your sheets are clean and comfortable with a supportive pillow.
– spray your pillow with a pillow mist infused with essential oils that encourage a good night’s sleep.